Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsRunning · 2 months ago

I'm 25 and can't do even one sit up, one burpee, or run a mile. Is it wrong for me to want to change and to hopefully be able to do a 5k?

Best Answer

It depends on why you're so weak to start out with. If motivation is the issue, get on it now. It will be a lot more difficult to develop good habits as you grow older and busier.

I used to do 6K run/walks in Germany and have to sit down along the way, sometimes for hours. Eventually, I was able to run (but slowly) most of the way ...even though they went up hills half the time.

• In

Start slow like walking a mile and see how it goes from there. With persistence you can do a 5K or better. I used to sag for my brother when he did "Ironman Triathlons".

• Nikki

start slow with an evening bike-ride through a quiet neighborhood, and on alternate days, do a short walk of a couple of miles. when you are used to going-outside and doing this gentle exercise, you might try jogging for a mile and walking for two.

start slow, and increase weekly incrementally, it is best first to strengthen your ligaments, your heart, and lungs, as to adapt to the stresses placed upon them.

lots of work-out programs are too strenuous for beginners, calisthenics are sit-ups, jumping jacks, and pull-ups, plus, runner's stretches. this should help your flexibility, and warm-ups before heavy exercise.

• .

Odd question, as it doesn't make sense for ANYONE of any age to want to change and be more active.

Your post belongs in Health>Diet & Fitness, though. It's not directly related to the sport of running.

IF you want to do a 5K, you can. It's only 3.1 miles (many people can walk it in under 1 hr).

i dont think its wrong to want to change

Wanting to change will not get you anywhere. Actually changing will.

I can do lots of burpees, especially after drinking a giant bottle of soda and eating two pizzas. LOL

Source(s): LMFAO
  • .

Yes. It's wrong for you to want to become more physically fit and active.

Change is BAD. Being a couch potato is great.