Poll: At what point at time did you finally get accustomed to 21st century tech?

Hi. I am a bit curious about this. I admit it took me a long time to get accustomed to it. I have been using the internet since 1995. I had seen and heard about current digital tech in the 2000's but I tuned it out- I acted like it didn't exist. I was still using old-school tech, like floppy disks. I still use floppy disks. My family and I still use landline phones, but I also use current smartphones.

Before the network shut down, I used to watch G4TV:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G4_(American_TV_chan...

They used to showcased some of this tech I was talking about- cell phones, smartphones, tablets, etc. At the time I wasn't interested- I thought it was a bunch of junk and nonsense.

A few years ago, when Obama was still in office, I met a young man at my local library who educated me somewhat about this current tech we have now. He showed me a cellphone or smartphone he was using. He told me these devices and other devices are bugged by the government, if I remember right, ever since 911 happened.

That's not really a surprise- I think the U.S. government's been bugging people's phones since the '70s at least.

I do recall tech companies were putting demands on people to keep up with current tech to an extent. I remember Microsoft kept swaying folks to keep up with Windows upgrades- that got on my nerves.

I presume tech companies stopped because they probably assumed most people have gotten used to some current tech at least to an extent.

Please help- thank you.

I was using computers since I was a kid, long before commercialized internet access was officialized in 1995.I was just very reluctant to want to assimilate and get accustomed to current digital tech. I like simplicity.

• Sky
    Best Answer

Not until my VCR, tube TVs, rotary phone, and Commodore 64 collection all quit working.

[I'm not making any of that up.]

• JSG2 months agoReport

Yeah, a regular old-fashioned TV.

Like most Millennials, I grew up with it, so I'm usually up to date.

Personally, some of the tech I used have been helpful during my time in college and in my career. Cloud storage have been particularly important for me, so that I do not have to use any physical memory disk anymore.

I have been reading more books due to my Kindle

• Rebel With A Cause

My family never had or used AOL. Also, internet was not able everywhere in the US in 1995. It took years to reach almost everyone.

I learn things very fast, I start using comp by 18, I think it did not take me very long to search what I wanted. I remember being the one who first googled the old songs, well I remember it in my mind

• Jay

I grew up with it. By the age of 15 I had already known more than any boomer ever would. They are stuck in their ways and refuse to accept technology. Same with any of the older generation hags that are still alive.

• Jay

It's very wrong to assume. Safe to say I know exactly who taught you that that's alright!

About three minutes after I picked it up