Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelEurope (Continental)Other - Europe · 2 months ago

Christmas in Europe?

Hello! We’re planning on spending the Christmas eve in Europe. Dec 24 to 26 only because of work. Which do you think is better? Athens, Prague, Berlin and Vienna. Or if you know any other countries in Europe that are also cheap please let me know. Are the stores or attractions open on the 25th? 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Orla C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Most businesses will be closed on the 25th and even the 26th, so be aware of this. Christmas is a big family holiday. You should probably decide very soon and book your restaurants for the 25 already.

• TSK
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Vienna and places tend to be closed on 25th...

• 2 months ago

The Christmas markets in Germany are the best. But I agree that any of those cities would be great. Restaurants in hotels will be open, and probably some bars. I love the light displays in Paris, but you're right that the cities you listed are cheaper. If you want the real cold weather Christmas, rule out Athens.

• 2 months ago

You really can't go wrong with any of them but don't expect things to be open Christmas Day. I'd go to Prague.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Nāga
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Prague will be the cheapest, but virtually nothing will be open on Christmas Day.

• 2 months ago

Madrid is a good choice. Big event at the Puerta del Sol main square. Times Square type thing. Great Xmas lights everywhere. Then out for tapas and drinks all night. And don't miss the churros & hot chocolate for "breakfast" around 6 or 7 AM. Enjoy!

• 2 months ago

Absolutely nowhere will be open on the 25th.

If you want to eat somewhere, you'd generally need to pre-book; most restaurants won't be open either.

So while this would be lovely - it'll be walking around cities where not much is open.

• 2 months ago

Do Brussels it's not so secular

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.