Why we have never seen a WCW one night stand?
If we saw an ECW one night stand show , will we ever see a WCW one night stand show?
- CandleLv 75 months agoFavorite Answer
A few reasons:
1. It would cost more. WCW stars were notoriously paid well. In an era where it was a race to buy up the most talent, WCW wasn't afraid to whip out the check book and go decimal for decimal against McMahon's numbers. I'd imagine getting all of the WCW big names in one place would cost quite a fortune and probably be less lucrative than paying indie wages for ECW talent who are still going at it. I'd say it would be less lucrative because.
2. WCW doesn't really have the mythos or legacy that ECW had. So what's the purpose of putting together an ECW ONS? You capitalize on this somewhat one note, of the period, underground phenomena that not everyone got to experience in it's heyday. ECW has mystique, it has branding, it has an image that offers something that no other promotion was offering. What's WCW's appeal? What's WCW's 'brand?'. What strain of nostalgia do you tap for a WCW reunion show? Do you go back to the glory days of JCP and try to recapture that smoky studio and a spotlight vibe and hearken back to the Horsemen, Dusty, Steamboat, and Magnum TA? Do you go full cartoony Dungeon of Doom era where every vignette seemed like it was directed by David Lynch's basement dwelling cousin? Or do you go later days with the Nitro Girls, Jeff Jarrett on top, Ready to Rumble death knell late 90's to 2000's era WCW? Does any of that sound appealing to you?
3. Their bodies aren't up for it. A lot of the WCW guys either spent the past two decades getting knee and hip replacements, checking in and out of rehab, or wrestling for Vince or someone else. Mock the death match bingo hall types all you want, but the ones that are still alive can still move around better than a vast majority of WCW headliners. I mean for god's sake, Dreamer, Rhino, and Raven can't seem to stay out of a TNA ring.
- Nico RobinLv 45 months ago
I think WCW didn't have that.
- Anonymous5 months ago
Certain WCW guys were behind the 8-Ball when it came to wrestlers’ locker room reputations anyway.
- Anonymous5 months ago
GOOD LORD I HOPE NOT
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 5 months ago
Since WWE owns The Video Library and The Intellectual Property to World Championship Wrestling it will be up to WWE. WWE is already giving us "Starcade", "War Games", "Clash of Champions" it will be up to WWE to decide whether to give us "WCW One Night Stand". Do we really need a WCW One Night Stand Show? You tell me.