Cloe asked in Dining OutOther - Dining Out · 2 months ago

What percentage should I tip at a restaurant?

• L
    Best Answer

It depends on the restaurant, level of service and location.

For example, I usually don't tip at a drive-through associated with a fast-food place...

Some countries and certain parts of the US don't expect - and in some cases - discourage tipping at restaurants.

Assuming you are referring to a dine-in, sit-down, type restaurant with wait-staff and all that and the service was decent, I typically tip 20% of the price of the meal.

• Jacob2 months agoReport

Wing stop is a fast food restaurant chain, and most people don't tip at those kind of places, and even when places like Kinders and Subway have tip jars you are not expected to tip.

at least twenty percent for good customer service.

Tipping can be confusing and varies. But a general rule for waiters is to tip 15 to 20 percent of the pre-tax bill, and $2 to $5 per night for housekeeping service. Tipping expectations are tied to minimum-wage levels. Waiters and other restaurant staff can earn three or four times more from tips than wages

i would say anywhere from 15 to 25 percent depending on how well the service was, don't judge the waiter on how good the meal was, they had nothing to do with that.

• Cyberpope2 months agoReport

I'll tip my usuial 20% & say "none of this is because of tyhe food -- the cook sucks -- loved your service, though) & likewise, "the food was really good"; smart servers tip the kitchen or bartender out of their tips, even if not enforced.

While one guide below advises to tip 10 percent at carry-out restaurants, many Americans do not tip for carry-out, even when a tip jar is present, and tipping at

• Cyberpope2 months agoReport

I tip for carryout at my usual Chinese place, because the owner goes out of her way to speed my orders, & gives me extras for free.  I tip for self service(cafeteria style) & get table service & don't feel bad leaving my stuff on the table when I go.

• .

10% up, depending on service, i usually tip 15%-20%

Mark 9:47-48

47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire—

48 where 'Their worm does not die

And the fire is not quenched.’

10% should be good 

Eighteen percent is best, yet 10-12% is recommended for restaurants where servers simply provide drinks and clear.

It is usually is 10% tip but now the tip is already including in the bill.