Why do you Atheists Use Einstein when he was Pro Judaism (returned to religion at end of life) and was believer in G-d and approved Moses?

He was not only Jewish by race. That's recorded he returned to Jewish faith in last years he lived. He was in Israel as professor, too. IT is what the historians of Israel/Judaism sites say.. Einstein KNEW Torah demands death of unbelievers in G-d and called Torah Just... He believed in G-d, too... He kind of approved killing unbelievers in G-d is not a problem, but it is ok... According to Torah, you can't be a Jew and say I don't believe in G-d. Also, it is true about the peoples who lived in Israel and were pagans and killed by Israelite..

See below:

I am firmly convinced that the passionate will for justice and truth has done more to improve man's condition than calculating political shrewdness which in the long run only breeds general distrust. Who can doubt that Moses was a better leader of humanity than Machiavelli?

Albert Einstein - 1950....

• Cogito
    Best Answer

What do you mean - we "use" Einstein?

I've never used him for anything.

I just don't believe that God exists.

My disbelief has nothing to do with Einstein or anyone else.

No matter what you believe in you gotta give my mans Einstein respect he is brilliant

-It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.-

- Albert Einstein, letter to an atheist (1954), quoted in Albert Einstein: The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas & Banesh Hoffman

Lying For Jeezus is still LYING; Thank you for the added evidence that religion = BAD morals.

• BMCR

As they say: Citation needed.

Or another way of putting it, when you say "IT is what the historians of Israel/Judaism sites say." and yet you do not link to any of them, one begins to wonder whether we should take you seriously.

Einstein knew very little about Judaism.

• BMCR

"He was in Israel as professor, too."
      As an aside, I didn't know Princeton was in Israel.

I usually see theists use Einstein because of his usage of God, even though if you read the full context, it's not a theological God theists would like to believe he is referring to. There are better choices of scientists to use who do actually believe in a theological God, but the point that a theist would be attempting to make is that intelligence people do believe in some sort of God. However because these intelligent theists cannot defend their belief "reasonably", it showcases that intelligent people can also be irrational. Most atheists don't care what others believe or don't believe, they only understand why they don't believe and unless a reasonable argument can be put forth to make them reconsider, there is no other conclusion they can make.

I use Einstein (in support of my atheist beliefs), included with Guth, Hawking, Wheeler, Heisenberg, et al., because of how fully it describes Nature. Works so well without ANY theological considerations.

So, the cosmological argument (Kalam) is dead. And truly, there is far , FAR more compelling evidence against The Case For God.

Source(s): (raises two fingers)...you will award BA for not being rude, snarky, or passive aggressive. Lol

What utter rubbish. Einstein had no belief in a personal god like you theists have invented. Einstein did NOT 'return' to judaism when he neared his death. He died a proud and intelligent unbeliever in space wizards.

• barty

You've never actually read anything Einstein wrote about religion, have you?

• Huh?

Your grammar is atrocious, your writing is nearly incomprehensible.

Albert Einstein was a theoretical physicist not a theologian. Appeal to Einstein by either theists and atheists as evidence for a theological postion would be an example of the logical fallacy, "Appeal to Authority."

I am not aware of any writings of Einstein that would suggest his opinion on religion significantly changed later in life, but that is still irrelevant to whether religious claims are true.

So, you know the term "atheist" means someone who doesn't believe in gods, don't you? I only ask because, from the structure of your question, you obviously think it means something else.

Atheists, generally, don't give two shits what someone's beliefs are and generally are more interested in what people say and do rather than what they believe. We have a problem with theists when they try to enforce the rules of their religion onto others: YOU can't do that because it against MY religion. Arrogance and entitlement are two human attributes that are the least attractive.

I really couldn't care that Einstein was jewish, or that Darwin was a Christian or that Prof. Brian Cox is an atheist - their beliefs are irrelevant. It's just a pity that most religionists don't accept people for who they are.

What do you mean by "Use Einstein"? I accept that he made an enormous contribution to science, because so much of what he said has been confirmed by evidence - unlike religious claims.

That does not mean that is views on politics are equally valid, and comparing somebody to Machiavelli is not much of a recommendation.

What is it about the concept of requiring evidence to support beliefs that you do not understand?