hannah asked in TravelCruise Travel · 2 months ago

Can you bring sex toys on a cruise?

I’m going on a Carnival cruise soon and I can’t find anything saying I can’t. I know you can’t bring “restraining devices” (handcuffs, etc). But are vibrators okay? I just don’t want to go through security and get held up or them hold my luggage because of it.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Of course you can. No-one gives a damn.

• 2 months ago

A vibrator will be OK but you can only use it in your cabin.

• 2 months ago

Seriously? You think you can’t go a few days without your sex toys?

• Den B7
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Don't bother with a vibrator. Your Filipino cabin stewards are on call 24/7 to gratify any sexual needs. Just call room service.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Yes.  Just make sure to remove any batteries - not a good thing to inadvertantly have one accidentally turn on in the bag.  Has happened before - check out CruiseCritic.com

• 2 months ago

You give your big bags to a guy outside the cruise terminal. You don't see them again until they magically show up in your stateroom later that day. They x-ray them for bottles- they don't want people bringing on a lot of alcohol. They don't care about anything else. Your carry on goes through an x-ray machine. I've never seen them search a bag, but if the x-ray shows anything that looks like a weapon, they might. Put it in your big bag. Don't carry it on yourself.

• Sagery
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Sure, but you must demonstrate how they work.

• 2 months ago

Security screening for an ocean-going cruise line is not as strict as those for air travel. If TSA allows for PEDs (Personal Entertainment Devices.) then you can be sure that these devices is allowed on board a cruise.

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/what...

Source(s): Work part-time as a TSA officer.
    • Redstone
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

@hannah: You can do either. The choice is yours. Bringing it as carry-on would give easier access when needed. Just make sure the battery is removed from the device prior to submitting through the x-ray. Enjoy your cruise.

• oikoσ
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Play your cards right and you won't need them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.