hannah asked in TravelCruise Travel · 2 months ago

Can you bring sex toys on a cruise?

I’m going on a Carnival cruise soon and I can’t find anything saying I can’t. I know you can’t bring “restraining devices” (handcuffs, etc). But are vibrators okay? I just don’t want to go through security and get held up or them hold my luggage because of it.

Of course you can. No-one gives a damn.

A vibrator will be OK but you can only use it in your cabin.

Seriously? You think you can’t go a few days without your sex toys?

• Den B7

Don't bother with a vibrator. Your Filipino cabin stewards are on call 24/7 to gratify any sexual needs. Just call room service.

Yes.  Just make sure to remove any batteries - not a good thing to inadvertantly have one accidentally turn on in the bag.  Has happened before - check out CruiseCritic.com

You give your big bags to a guy outside the cruise terminal. You don't see them again until they magically show up in your stateroom later that day. They x-ray them for bottles- they don't want people bringing on a lot of alcohol. They don't care about anything else. Your carry on goes through an x-ray machine. I've never seen them search a bag, but if the x-ray shows anything that looks like a weapon, they might. Put it in your big bag. Don't carry it on yourself.

• Sagery

Sure, but you must demonstrate how they work.

Security screening for an ocean-going cruise line is not as strict as those for air travel. If TSA allows for PEDs (Personal Entertainment Devices.) then you can be sure that these devices is allowed on board a cruise.

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/what...

Source(s): Work part-time as a TSA officer.
    • Redstone

@hannah: You can do either. The choice is yours. Bringing it as carry-on would give easier access when needed. Just make sure the battery is removed from the device prior to submitting through the x-ray. Enjoy your cruise.

• oikoσ

Play your cards right and you won't need them.