Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesVolkswagen · 2 months ago

What kind of tires/battery for a 2007 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5?

I just got a 2007 vw Jetta 2.5 from a dealership. It was a trade in and they don t normally deal with vws, also I have never owned one before, so I haven t been able to get much information about it. Could anyone tell me what tires and battery I would need to purchase for it? I m pretty sure the rims are stock if that helps. The engine is a 2.5L 15 smpi dohc.

Tire stores know the tire sizes and auto parts stores know the battery size.& the post arrangement. Not any old battery will do. Usually the VW will take more than a V8 Chev battery. Walmart has a booklet in automotive and you can look up the sizes for the battery and the tires right there. You can always spend more if you want.

• Bort

The size of the tire is on the side wall of the tire it self. The size will say something like 225/45R17

https://tiresize.com/tires/Volkswagen/Jetta/2007/

Same for the battery. The battery will have a CCA rating on it in text somewhere. CCA is Cold Crank Amps. You'll need to get a battery that either matches that battery's CCA or has a higher CCA rating.

• g

Pop open the door to your Vdup to find the information sticker providing detail about your Jetta.

The sticker will state the needed tire size for that particular Jetta, the recommended tire PSI, you paint color code, and where and when it was assembled.

As are as the battery you can go to just about any auto part store website to find the proper size.  

The tire size is listed right on the current tires. You can use sites like Tirerack.com to research tires in debased on size or vehicle model.

Any autoparts store can help you with the battery.

• JetDoc

Go to TireRack.com and look up tires that will fit your car. Pretty much any auto parts store can tell you what battery your car needs. If you want to learn about your car, READ the owner's manual. If you didn't get an owner's manual with your used car, you can buy one from Amazon.com or Ebay.com

Tire size should be listed on the door jam or glove box, some websites state 2 sizes were offered on 2.5i versions, . 205/55R16 and 225/45R17. https://www.wheel-size.com/size/volkswagen/jetta/2...

Batteries are kind of tough call, I think the H5 is the spec, but some VW's make the battery tray bigger to accept the H6 or H7, I would check the size that you have in there already to match the mounting hardware. VW doesn't use the BCI standards for battery size that most North Americans are familiar with.

• Ron

Parts stores know what kind of battery goes in it. Tire stores know what kind of tires it needs

• Geo

Good Call, Stupid Question.