Ordering a Jeep wrangler?

I’m planning on buying a 2 door Jeep Wrangler rubicon but no dealers have the color or stuff that I want. Is it more expensive to custom order? Can I negotiate pricing? Should I print out from the website custom build or speak with an actual Jeep dealer?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • KaleyK
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Best Answer

Meet up with the dealership. While you can custom design on Jeep's website, the dealership has additional options and they can package options to get you the best deal. Depending on what you order it can take as little as 5 weeks to get your Wrangler. The price is always negotiable. You can print out your build as a guideline and take it to the dealer. Be aware that they will try hard to persuade you to take something in stock that is "close" to your build .... just stand your ground!

Source(s): 2013 Wrangler Sport Driver
  • 1 month ago

I plan on purchasing a Jeep later this year the local dealership wants me to order through them, but the prices they quoted were higher than ordering it from the jeep website.

• zipper
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Talk to the dealer first, many people have their Jeeps customized after they buy from a dealer.

• Bort
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

The most efficient and cheapest way to get the exact vehicle you want the way you want it is to go to the website for it, build it the way you want it online, and fill out the application to buy it online.

Car salesman are characters. They're going to be calling you offering other vehicles. So prepare for that. But you will also get a call from a dealer who can get you exactly what you want. Don't let them haggle you in to anything else except exactly what you want.

If you build and order it online the way you want it it's made that way at the factory and sent to the dealer you order it through, so yes it is cheaper to custom build that way. It's more expensive to custom build through a dealer because they're likely not going to order from the factory the way you want it they're going to take one they already have on the lot, paint it and modify it with the features and things you want. Of course doing it that way is going to cost more because it's more expensive to do it that way for one thing plus you're paying for the extra labor for the work, and the salesman's commission and other fees etc.

Build and order it online.

https://www.jeep.com/bmo.html?sid=1037056&KWNM=%2B...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You can get a good deal by custom ordering a vehicle. By paying for the vehicle directly, the dealer does not have to incur the purchase and associated charges of getting one ahead of time. They need to buy a car to put in the showroom, and that $ comes out of their pockets until it sells, but even then, they are paying interest until they pay it back off.

• 2 months ago

You can do a country wide search on the internet for the vehicle you want. You don't have to pay extra for ordering what you want. Try the Jeep website, www.cars.com, www.nada.com

• g
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The color you want is out there, Eddie.  Guaranteed.  Simply tell the dealer what you want and they can find it.  This is a very common practice.  

• Geo
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Jeeps are TROUBLE waiting to happen. Don't buy anything from Chrysler or Jeep. I warned you. There's a recall on bad frame welds on some.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You need to sit down with your local Jeep dealer's sales staff and find out what's available for special orders. You SHOULD be able to order pretty much anything you want, but there are probably "packages" that will include several options in one order. Expect to leave a substantial down payment BEFORE the dealer will submit the order, and DON'T expect to negotiate on the price.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.