Tublet Huglet asked in PetsDogs · 10 months ago

What is the best thing to have your dog fetch?

Tennis ball? Stick?

I bought a dog and I know nothing about dogs. Please assist. I want my dog to be happy and know lots of tricks.

Favorite Answer

Every dog will prefer different toys. We bought a whole container of tennis balls for my dog to fetch, but she prefers to just sit and shred them by ripping the fuzz off the sides a little bit at a time. We got her a dog-safe stuffed animal for her to shred, but she prefers to play fetch with it. We've had her for almost two years. Every stuffed animal we have bought her is in near perfect condition from gentle fetching, and we've gone through multiple containers of tennis balls because she shreds them completely in about two days. My advice would be to buy a bunch of different types of toys at first and see what kinds of toys she seems to like better or likes to fetch with (some dogs don't really like fetching. Our old dog who is up in doggie heaven now would never fetch). Spend lots of time playing with your new dog, and you'll start to notice how your dog likes to play pretty quickly!

• P

I would throw a ball or a frisby! My dog loved the frisby best of all, he used to jump high in the air to catch it!

• Betty

I've had dogs all my life and find tennis balls to be their favorite.I once had a dog who even used to collect my Sunday newspaper from our local store.It's amazing what dogs will do for you.

Our dogs tend to drop the ball somewhere and lose it so a lot of the time if you're up the park it's easier to just throw sticks for them because if they lose a stick it doesn't really matter. Hope that helps :)

My basset hound puppy LOVES to fetch kittens. I take a basket of kittens and one by one throw them about 20 yards. My basset hound puppy retrieves them. It's adorable. Unfortunately the kittens don't live long. :(

• Hyper10 months agoReport

I can agree on this base on experience. I also like to use aborted fetuses.

Something that is not going to hurt its mouth and that he cannot pull apart

Be careful if you start to throw things for them they might like it so much that they will

not want you to stop

• DIEGO.

good question!!

Your questions indicate that you have a high degree of malfunction. You are a child. Children can't own property. Dogs are property. It's not your dog.

Is this in the same category as the 20+ rotts you claim to own?

Your desperate need for attention and completely inability to tell fact from fiction are disturbing.

"The penalty for disrespect is death;" and "I live in my car and need a place to wash up and send faxes."

• Hyper10 months agoReport

I also live on the beach in a car but you don't see me.

You bought a dog and know nothing about dogs??? Sure hope you know how to take care of one at least.

Chuck-It balls come in a few sizes, colors and plastic materials.

My dog is a chewer so loves the Sport 12-M.

Kong has bones and balls in different sizes available.

Tennis balls work okay for the fetch part but die fast if the dog chews.

Try to stay from wooden sticks, the splinters can cause mouth/stomach issuses.

Source(s): Ret. vet. tech., dog and cat owner for 40+ yrs.
    • Tublet Huglet

I looked up the chuck it ball and bought a few of the whistling ones. They just got here today. My dog actually chases them down, but won't pick them up or bring them back. It will bring back almost every other thing I throw for it. So weird...
      They do seem well made.

Why do you assume that your dog wants to fetch something. Some dogs are not bred to fetch things. Some dogs are nred to fetch things and they’re happy to do it.

Retrievers like to fetch things. Working dogs like to be helpful to retrieving things make them happy. Lap dogs and toy dogs are bred to do nothing but look cute so don’t expect them to fetch things.

• Tublet Huglet

She loves to fetch things ...I'm just looking for good products :)