Shilo
Shilo asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 months ago

Ha! I've got news for you skeptics and cynical critics: Greta took a sail boat to get to the UN Climate Summit in NY. What say you now?

Blue-faced anony who has me blocked - tell me what you know about virtue?

• y
    Favorite Answer

Yes , a green boat, it was a big deal yesterday, part of the story line. Only, it is a very expensive boat, so while she railed agaisnt those with money, it took lots of money to create this craft. A craft that is for show, a craft that the rich are the only ones that can enjoy, basically the same set up she was railing against.

• Shilo

You've developed a strong strain of cynicism.

Greta took a sailboat? Or Greta's parents are using her to get publicity and a trip to NYC?

Greta sits in front of an audience full of adults who are placating her for the sake of their own agenda. Someone should have told Greta that when I was a kid, it wasn't global warming that everyone was shrieking about, but global cooling. When I was her age, we were all told we had 15 years left because we would be entering another ice age and gobs of the population would die out. Oddly, that didn't happen.

-

Greta is a child who doesn't know her head from a hole in the ground, who has done nothing but parrot what the loudest voices in the room are saying. She is being used as a tool, a weak tool, to lecture the rest of us about stuff she knows nothing about. She's highly emotional...and transparent. Oh, she believes what she says all right. But she believes it based on what? Decades of research, or emotional feel-goodism? If she had done the research that she couldn't possibly have done given her age and education level, she would know that there are just as many scientists who say climate change is bunk as those who don't.

Climate change? Stolen dreams and childhood? Why is she worried about the weather when there are tens of millions of children living in poverty, living in war-torn areas, whose parents are left murdered and they're taken away captive, enslaved and made into child soldiers? Why doesn't she care about human trafficking? Why doesn't she care about underage prostitution carried out by those same evildoers who are destroying the planet?

What say me? I say this KID has her priorities screwed up. Give her five to seven years. I bet she goes on to college, gets her degree in whatever she wants it in, goes out and makes a life for herself. Will she tell me then that her childhood and dreams have been stolen when clearly she's grown up -- childhood not stolen -- and practicing in the art that she chose -- dreams not stolen either.

Tell Greta to go back to Sweden and shut her smuff. If she wants to change the world, start in her back yard, not mine. If she wants to talk about her stolen childhood and dreams, make sure they've actually been stolen, like so many other children's childhoods and dreams have been. I bet she wouldn't' want to trade places with any of those kids whose childhoods and dreams really have been stolen.

I remain unimpressed with Greta whatever her name is. Crying doesn't impress me. Putting your money where your mouth is does.

Why isn't Greta in school, instead she is sailing and putting on an act in front of the UN.

Can we say child abuse?

How long will it take to get back to Sweden by sailboat?

I have no doubt this little girl has been sexually abused by you leftist scum. No doubt!

Who told her about the effects of climate change I wonder. Uh we were suppose to be underwater by now. A fact Greta I doubt was ever told.

Virtue signaling is so gauche.

What's truly a tragedy is the way that the Left uses little children to forward a false narrative and a morally corrupt agenda

They have convinced small kids that there is no future for them and that their parents are guilty of "killing" the planet. This is Child Abuse.