Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 2 months ago

Im 19. Am I to old to start learning how to code now?

• EddieJ
    Best Answer

Yes, you need to wait until you are 22.

You're not too old. Jump right in.

Nah dude. You are definitely not too old to be coding.  You're never too old. Follow your dreams of coding like I will

Well, consider 60 and starting to learn android OS down to machine code on smart phones.

No easy task as everything is proprietary and secret now. Doesn't stop me, just takes longer.

I go back before PC was a fantasy and can make Widows XP do anything a computer can do.

No such thing as 'too old',,soak it up while you have the opportunity.

• EddieJ

The real question is: How much has she learned since I gave her the link yesterday?

Well start - if you have a smart phone use Apple's Xcode to create app for the phone - there are plenty of youtube videos on ho and you can also get information at https://developer.apple.com/swift/

No, You are at learning stage. Learn as much as you can.

No buddy is late for learning anything in any age. for learning age doesn't matter just focus on what your mind say.

Whoops! learning does have an ending and no age limits.

I was 29 when I learned my first code: COBOL. I eventually became the lead of the Software Engineering Process Group at Lockheed in Sunnyvale, CA. I think you'll do OK at 19.

BTW I eventually coded in machine language, Pascal, FORTRAN (muliple versions), C and C++, BASIC, PROLOG (an AI language), and Excel.

I started programming at the age of 42.  Using the BASIC program on my Commodore 64.  So no, 19 is not too old to learn coding.

No, you are definitely NOT too old!