ares asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 2 months ago

What are the chances I have HIV?

So basically I don’t know what got into me and I had sex with a hooker. The condom broke and this hooker is older so she’s definitely had sex with many men. I’m scared I might’ve gotten something but she told me repeatedly that she’s clean and that I shouldn’t worry. My dick was completely dry after we stopped (she didn’t get wet at all really lol) and I washed my dick off right after.. what are the chances I can get HIV? When should I test for it? Im told sometimes symptoms don’t appear for 10 years so I’m very scared please help!

Here is an educated answer: Well, it’s good that you used a condom in the first place, they say the chances of getting HIV from one exposure are low, and it’s harder for a guy to get it from a girl, but I’m not going to try to put your mind at ease or say “you don’t have anything” because that’s not something that I know, and you should be worried, anyone who tells you otherwise is just giving you false comfort, LUCKILY there are plenty of options with varying time frames : HIV RNA test, can detect the virus in 9-14 days, fourth generation hiv test, can detect in one month, at home “ora quick” test , can detect as soon as three months, your best bet is to wait a month and get a 4th generation test by a doctor, or idc you can afford it an RNA test, although I don’t know what that is or how it works, just that it has the shortest window period, of you can’tt afford RNA or 4th gen, then obstain from sex for three months (I would wait a week past three months but that’s just me) and test with an ora quick they sell them at any pharmacy for like $50 

the CDC says its really only people that have the infection inserted to them, in other words its extremely difficult to catch, when your the one putting in so to speak even if the one your inserting into happens to be infected its almost impossible to be infected, which is the reason why all the homosexuals are at very high risk.

Very low if you are straight

High if you are gay

• Jason

See, you have done a mistake and now you are suffering from it. Now get tested, remove your doubts and then forget about what has happened, learn from the mistake and don't do it again, because you have to suffer like now again (Not even with a condom). Have one trusted partner for sex even it may take time to find a one

Low, prostitutes get testing constantly, or they wouldn’t be working. There is a schedule to get tested for HIV, easily looked up, but it goes out to 1 year.

-there is a heightened chance of getting any stds if you have sex-

-the fact you did it with a hooker, your chance is higher-

• lala

Your chances are slim to none

but get tested

so you will have peace

• ares2 months agoReport

When should I get tested? This was yesterday

• Mike G

Did you use a condom?

• ares2 months agoReport

Yeah but somewhere near 10 minutes in it broke so i ****** her raw for a bit