Amanda asked in TravelUnited StatesDallas · 4 months ago

Considering moving to Fort Worth Texas or Dallas area! Can someone tell me all about living there! We are a family of 6.?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • In
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There really is no difference as the two have merged into one vast metroplex of 7.5 million hot and sweaty individuals. 

"As such, the metropolitan area's economy is ranked the 10th largest in the world. The DFW metroplex encompasses 9,286 square miles (24,100 km2) of total area: 8,991 sq mi (23,290 km2) is land, while 295 sq mi (760 km2) is water, making it larger in area than the states of Rhode Island and Connecticut combined."

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 months ago

Well, it's a big area. I recommend being as close to your job as you can to lessen the commute times. Also, consider schools, assuming you have children. Generally, the suburban schools are better than either Dallas or Fort Worth. Cost of living is slightly above the national norm, but it isn't like San Francisco or New York by any means. More like Denver, for example, except housing is a little cheaper. Summer is hot, but A/C is everywhere and winters are usually mild. Jobs are plentiful, but it would help to know your career field. The area has lots of transplants so most of the people you will run into moved here from someplace else, especially California, Illinois, New Jersey, New York and Florida. There is also a large immigrant population: Latinos, of course, but there is also a large Asian and South Asian population as well. There are many recreational activities available: restaurants, theme parks (for the kids), outdoor activities, museums, arts activities, etc. I hope that helps.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.