Grundoon asked in SportsFootball (American) · 2 months ago

How would you rank the first round quarterbacks from last year?

Mayfield

Darnold

Allen

Rosen

Jackson

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best Answer

With letter grades

Jackson - B

His transformation this season compared to last into not only a runner but someone who can stick throws has been astounding. Kept a low profile off-field, which is a big plus in my book for a young QB who hasn't accomplished anything yet. I'd have to see more (like a full season or two) of Jackson performing as well has he has thus far to grade him higher than a B but he's trending upward in a big way.

Allen - B-

Fantastic arm, better mobility than I expected, doing more with less than most QBs in the league. Also trending upward.

Mayfield - C

Not a special arm talent. Hasn't looked "special" even when given tremendous WR talent. Some poor decision making mixed with some promising throws. Has made Cleveland football 10 times better and 10 times more interesting than it has been in a decade plus. Makes too much noise off field for my taste though.

Darnold - C-

More natural talent than Mayfield and better size too. Not sold on his ability to lead a team though and his health has been an issue. Hasn't played enough for me to rate him any higher than a C-

Rosen - D-

Hard to tell what he'll be in 2 years but his confidence must be shattered at this point. Handed the worst team in the NFL last season and looked mediocre to bad. Then traded to the worst team in the league THIS year and hasn't been good either, but who would be with the Dolphins' garbage roster? Surrounded with such garbage coaching and rosters that I won't give him an 'F' yet.

• 2 months ago

Baker the Muffin Builder will be the last! He's one dimensional, blabbermouth who talks a lot of trash without proving anything yet

• 2 months ago

1) Mayfield

2) Jackson

3) everybody else

Mayfield and Jackson are the only two who have shown any kind of staying power.  But all 5 are still young and alot can change.

• Bob
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's way to early to say for sure.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Sam
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Not enough time to know yet.

• Cu Tie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Best: Baker Mayfield

Lamar Jackson

Josh Allen

Sam Darnold

Worst: Josh Rosen

• 2 months ago

It's way too early.

• 2 months ago

Right now, Jackson, Allen, Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen. It's way to early to really assess them on a career though.

• Cory
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Jackson

Mayfield

Allen

Darnold

Rosen

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They are average quarterbacks at best. None of them is hall of fame material. But then Tom Brady did not look like a hall of fame quarterback when he played his first year as a starter. It is way too early to tell.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.