Is solar activity linked to global warming?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Thorn
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Best Answer

without the greenhouse effect the earth would be in a constant ice-age

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes there is a correlation. Any increase in solar output combined with increases in greenhouse gasses have a direct effect. Greenhouse gases trap incoming solar energy therefore, any increase in solar output increases the amount that penetrates the atmosphere and is prevented from escaping by increased greenhouse gases. Sadly there is little we can do to stop this. The vast majority of greenhouse gases are naturally occurring this is the part of the argument that is ignored by environmentalist propaganda. We do need to move on to renewable energy sources. We need to increase not continue to decrease our forest and do more to protect our oceans. There are ways to remove dangerous gases from our atmosphere, we can solve this.

• 2 months ago

I am not convinced that there is no relationship at all, as it defies logic to me that solar input variation matters not a whit to the amount of heat received and how that heat is passed into the atmosphere. Is there an obvious relationship between current climate "variations" and solar output behavior? Apparently not, but that is hardly news. We already knew that, and there is not a single climate model that ever even presumes such a thing. Circular logic: models assume no direct relationship and models demonstrate that there is no such direct relationship (go figger!).

• 2 months ago

No I don't think so.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

NASA is stupid and gross and full of propaganda LIES its all about the money. - woke citizin!! wake up

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.