How do you get candle wax out of a glass jar?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Burn the candle low. Boil water, pour it in and leave it. The leftover wax will melt and rise to the top of the water and then reform as the water cools. Then you can just pull it out.

• 2 days ago

LOL!  Everyone's gotten this answer wrong.  8^)

Boiling or heating the glass will make the wax melt, but a film of it will still stick to the jar.  You'll get 95-98% of the wax out but you'll have a hard time getting that last little bit out.

You want to put the jar in the FREEZER.  That will make the wax hard and brittle and also cause it to separate from the jar.  Then you can scrape it out very easily.

• Glo
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Let the wax freeze, and chip it off the glass.

• 2 months ago

Turn the jar upside down in the sink (pop some paper towels underneath first) and pour boiling water over it. Pour some boiling water into the sink afterwards to make sure there's no wax left.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • WOOWHO
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

How do YOU get candle wax out of a glass jar ?

A RAZOR BLADE i supect other people have their methods

• Mark
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Hot water will do the trick.

• Zheia
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

Gently break the solid wax up using a knife, then tip it out.

• drip
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

I freeze it then break what I can out of it. Then I use a craft heat gun to gently melt the wax and wipe with a paper towel

• C
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Either put it in a low oven or a pot of simmering water and the wax will melt. Pour out the wax onto crumpled paper to discard once solidified. Wipe away any residual wax with white spirit or similar using a paper towel or an old rag. Allow to air out and then wash as regular dishes. The plastic gasket on the lid may need to be aired for a while to get rid of the scent if it doesn't disappear on washing.

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Place the Glass Jar in a pot of boiling water.

The wax will melt.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.