Can my employer change how my hours work?

Ok so I work 3 separate sessions a day, morning lunchtime and evening. I do this the same every single day. I went into work today, did my morning sessions then I was told I wouldn’t be needed at lunchtime today (that has never happened before). I am only going in for the evening. I work in a school and my... show more Ok so I work 3 separate sessions a day, morning lunchtime and evening. I do this the same every single day. I went into work today, did my morning sessions then I was told I wouldn’t be needed at lunchtime today (that has never happened before). I am only going in for the evening.

I work in a school and my contract is term time hours, my employer suggested I work a few hours of the school holiday club to make up the hours I miss today. I would rather work my normal hours as holiday Club is optional it’s the time when staff are off on holidays.

Is my employer right to do this? If I have a contract on term time I shouldn’t have to be forced to do an optional holiday club. Am I right?