Condition to collectors of a vintage boxed collectors item but both have overall flaws.?

I have just managed to secure myself a vintage sealed in box toy from the 90's. There have been a couple of others on a well known auction site, that have sold for more, so I am satisfied with my purchase price, however these ones, that have sold, their boxes have been damaged in storage but the original boxes colour and print remains fibrant. My one I have collected, the box has been kept well and still stands tall and undamaged, however has suffered sun fadeing. What would collectors be more interested in or how would value be determined between these two conditions of the items. Would a damaged crumpled box but in complete colour have more value? Or would a undamaged structured box but faded, have more value.

Thank you.

Value is in the eye of the individual beholder.

• Bob

I think it depends on the collector, but most prefer a box that’s slightly damaged with no fading because a faded box is considered damaged all over.

• DIEGO.

good question!!

On an auction site, you have people bidding against each other so that’ll drive up the price.

I think collectors would prefer a box that’s slightly damaged with no fading because a faded box is considered damaged all over.

That's excelleing!