I am picking up a dog on Sunday. He is currently a very loved and happy farm dog. Will he grow to see me and my partner as his owner?

He's a Collie, 10 months, and has been living on a farm with lots of other Collies. He's a very good sheep herder but doesn't want to work for very long; he'd rather play! The owner has said he can't keep him for that reason and so he's rehoming him. The doggo is very loyal to the farmer!... show more He's a Collie, 10 months, and has been living on a farm with lots of other Collies. He's a very good sheep herder but doesn't want to work for very long; he'd rather play! The owner has said he can't keep him for that reason and so he's rehoming him.

The doggo is very loyal to the farmer! I'm nervous in case I bring him home and he's unhappy, despite the abundance of toys and treats we've bought him.

Also, he's an outdoor dog, he sleeps in a shed-coverted kennel but we will have him inside. As he's young, we're hoping he settles in and feels at home with us.

Finally, we would like to change his name from Kai to Douglas. Do you think he will understand and accept this?

Thank you!
Sam.