Is there some truth in "look inside your and you will find the answer" when it comes to spiritual matters as a Christian?

It says in the Bible is a temple for the holy spirit and the holy spirit dwells in all of man. So can't we listen to our own spirit in a way if we need spiritual guidance and also we are basically talking to God because the Holy spirit is one of three that make up God. So yeah my question really is, can we... show more It says in the Bible is a temple for the holy spirit and the holy spirit dwells in all of man. So can't we listen to our own spirit in a way if we need spiritual guidance and also we are basically talking to God because the Holy spirit is one of three that make up God.

So yeah my question really is, can we answer our own questions by turning to the Holy Spirit within us? If so how do we do that?