Were you ever spanked as a child? Did it affect you in any way?

There has been no thumbs down from me:(

• Fred
    Favorite Answer

Yeah! I can't remember what I did?

My Mother had this piece of door stop wood trim left from building the house that she stirred the conventional washer's rinse tub laundry with. I hated and feared that stick!

As an adult somewhere past 23 I spotted that stick. It was very small … and one thing my Mother wasn't going to do; is break that 'wash stick'!

My Father was vastly different and used his belt, I don't think it was severe.

I was not a parent's 'wonderful child'! Perhaps it's like beating a dog? Once you are beat and not physically harmed and you know (as if a child knows) you will not be permanently harmed; you no longer fear the experience. (I told you I was not the best behaving child!)

So I became mean, rebellious, and distant. Beating me didn't improve things! I resent most that I became mean! My parents have been described as mean.

I made my children, "Time out and think about what you did!" (they hated that much more than any beating!) but I did have a middle child that was very vicious with her mouth!

My (EX)wife would slap their behind from infancy. I was appalled, but with her; there was nothing I could do about it. I said something... it was met with a bitter reply.

The middle child has been in jail for physical assault as an adult … she is very small; light build.

• Sammy

I was smart enough (after the beatings) to never breed. Dad once asked: "When you gonna give me grandchildren?" To which I responded: "You're outta your mind! I can see what it did to you!"

Yes I did and well deserved!

I was dick slapped.

My mother spanked me with the back of a hairbrush two or three times when I was about five. I certainly learned to pay attention to what she said.

I only remember one spanking when I was five. I deserved it, but I was never spanked again. It taught me not to disobey my mother when it came to safety issues.

• Sammy

I was the oldest, and was beat because I didn't provide a good example for my younger siblings. WTF??

yes i was and i suffered corporal punishment, (ie) being stood in front of the whole school after morning assembly and then being beaten on the backside (known has 6 of the best) with a cane. (thin bamboo stick) which left its mark on anyone who received the punishment. it sent a warning through to the kids that bad behaviour would not be tolerated kids knew if they did wrong or behaved badly what the consequences would be. so kids towed the line and were respectful to teachers and people in general, unlike these days kids seem to get away with blue murder due to the lack of discipline and doogooders who think that beating kids is wrong, it never did me any harm.

• Fred

In a nearby small rural school they didn't have the financial means of supplying a teacher for observed sit in time so they called the parents in to sit with the child for x amount of time.  If I had to pull my Father off the farm for sit in time.. it would be my greatest fear!

I'm asian. I grew up with strict parents who would always whoop my bottom with a belt, hit me in the mouth with a sandal whenever I cursed, and chased me and my sibling around with a clothes hanger and hit us until we bled. But, I am who I am today and it does not really affect me as I see it like my parents way of discipline.

My stepdad insists he spanked me any number of times while I was growing up, and yet I have no memory of ever being spanked.

yes and it made me not care at all when they died on vacation in japan due to the fukushima disaster

• Lv 6

Also great job getting past the filters you dumbas­s ni­gger

When i was 12 or so i snuck downstairs to watch titties on cinemax after my parents fell asleep. My dad came down and caught me and beat me with an oak rowboat paddle for five minutes. To this day I still think it was hilarious