Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 10 months ago

I just ate the drippings from the pan of chicken!! Feeling great!!! Thanks?!?

Diabetic and still eat these drippings from shake n' bake chicken in the oven. Sop it up in butter bread after the chicken and feel HAPPPPYYYYY!!!

My friends are worried about me because I'm thin and eat everything but they say my blood sugar could be a problem. I eat everything and feel great!!

They tell me I'm subject to mood swings but I don't think that's because of food.

Diabetics often don't realize the silent damage being done to their bodies until it's too late. Eyes, kidneys, cardiovascular system...

The drippings aren't the problem here, it's the bread and the breading on the chicken.

You sound a bit manic over there.

• Janet

This WILL cause bad health. Just not today.

• Liz

Well, pan drippings also make tasty gravy. :)

I'm not a diabetes expert but if I'm understanding the disorder right, blood sugar can't be controlled normally so eating too much or not enough causes issues. As if you have to balance a sea-saw. If that's right, meat and fat don't have a glycemic index. They have little effect on your blood sugar at least compared with cake and soda.

Don't go die based on what some jerk online said but my understanding is "have at it hauss" as far as diabetics and fatty meat are concerned. The fact is, acquired type is acquired because you were a fat slob who loves cake and soda.

• Janet

Actually, I was diagnosed with diabetes in April. Never even went through a "pre-diabetic stage". Since April, I have rigidly changed my diet for low-carb/no-sugar/high-fiber. I have lost 35 pounds, and walk a mile 5 days a week. I no longer have diabetes. I continue my lifestyle changes.

• rena

Wow, great story! Not really meant be be on here though, sounds like something for Facebook.

Do you have a question?

Sounds very tasty! I'd be thankful to God too for their providence.