Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 10 months ago

What privileges do I have as a white man?

Because I sure as shinola couldn't tell you. As white people, we're told that racism runs in our blood and we're constantly being accused of cultural appropriation. We don't get free college tuition like every other race, we don't have free speech (Don't b#llshit me, we have to be SO careful as to what we say. Look at what happened to Papa John), media keeps portraying us as violent racists. Three "White people are evil' movies last year were nominated for best picture. I could go on, trust me.

As men, we're far more often attacked and assaulted, the standards to what makes a successful and competent man are MUCH higher than they are for women. We're bullied more, treated more harshly by strangers, and are seen as disposable in the eyes of others. Hey ladies, do you have a selective service number? We lose in divorces, live shorter lives, are FAR more prone to homelessness and workplace accidents, we have to pay for dates, it's always the women and children who are let go or spared during extreme situations. If there's a bump in the night, who has to go check? Then we have to keep hearing this "girl power" nonsense. We have to contend with loneliness. If you're a woman, you can get a boyfriend or girlfriend no problem. If you're a man, you are screwed if there's anything ANYTHING unattractive about you.

Then there's white men. We have both of those problems plus new ones that come from that combination. Now we have to deal with being associated with these mass shooters.

• Foofa

This question really belongs over in one of the categories dealing with racial issues because your feelings certainly aren't exclusively those of white males. But as to the specifically gendered issues you cite:

1. You can't "lose in a divorce" if you have a prenup. I made my husband sign one.

2. Men live shorter lives because they don't show up for their annual physicals and they tend to not take great care of themselves. This is one reason married men live so much longer than single guys. They have a woman nagging them to eat right and exercise.

3. One of the reasons men are more likely to end up homeless is because women who experience mental illness will go get help whereas men tend to view therapy as something only wimps do.

4. No one's forcing you to pay for dates and if you dated exclusively women of substance they wouldn't even allow you to pay for them.

Although you are right about Selective Service and I predict that soon Congress is going to make this a more equitable program.

You can't be discriminated agianst.

• Well for starters, the privilege of being unaware of your privilege.

Source(s): Woman.
    • DKG

Do you mean, exactly like you and all the other feminists? Totally blind to your own privileges because of the lies you tell each other in the pursuit of abdicating your responsibilities and laying blame for all ills on white men as scapegoats?

WHO THE HELL GETS FREE COLLEGE TUITION FOR BEING NON WHITE???

Just about EVERYONE I know has gone into significant debt to go to school.

Sorry, not only is this self pitying. It's based in BS and right wing lies whites have been told so they can look at minorities with even greater suspicion and hate.

Sorry that white men have wrought themselves so many unintended consequences of trying to be the biggest and best colonizers/killers the world has seen but my sympathy is limited for cons and right wing propagandists.

As for your privileges, you go figure out what they are or aren't. Try not to cry about it.

You can earn, eat well and have sex with women of any race. There are many asian women who fetishize white men. Don't feel bad about it, just take pride in yourself.

What white guy are you?? Are you a West European, Nordic, Balkan, slavic or Spaniard?? Because all white men don't have the same privilege.

Being white is unpopular in North America today.

White privilege is so 1950s...

Whites will be minority by 2042.

Gen Z is already minority white.

In Canada, by 2100, whites will only be 20 percent at this current rate of mass immigration.

small lips, even the sun hates you, start balding in your mid 20s, small penises/no butts. So I would agree as a white man you have NO privileges lmao