Why do atheist people claim that the earlly christianis believed anything the see or hear like they were dumb?

Our evidence is based on the first Christian's who sacrifised their lives to spread the word of god. Including the apostles who claim they seen jesus.

Atheist make it seem like the apostles were dumb and believed anything they see but if you read the new testiment you will read john the apostle who, when told jesus resurrected, said I will only believe not by just seeing him with my own eyes but I also want to feel the wholes in his hand where the nails pierced jesus.

Or when Peter seen with his own eyes jesus walking on was peter said

Matthew 14:28 lord if it is you command me to come to you on the water. 29 jesus said come and Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water.

Even when peter seen jesus walk on water he didnt just believe it was him, he wanted more evidence. He wanted to walk on water himself to believe.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

First of all the apostles were anything but ignorant. Just today I watched a video on how educated some of them were . Luke was physician, and Mark seemed to be directly known of Jesus and vice versa ok if a ohariasee was the most educated Paul himself might have Benn more educated the Peter James and John . Of course Jesus himself was taught by God, so much so that there was a tutor hired who said he can't be taught because he has already been taught and for historical reference Jesus talked with the Masters in the temple for 3 days,

These were not simple fisherman or ignorant people they were people if faith who were taught by Jesus himself for three years

• Login to reply the answers
  • Nous
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Oh come on face REALITY early Christian are fictional!!!!!!!!!!!

The bible is what is called "Faction” A fictional story set in a factual time and place. Thus the time, place and real historical characters are all correct but the fictional characters and stories are not!

There is not one single mention of Jesus in the entire Roman record - that is right - not one! At the same time as he was supposed to have been around there were a number of Jews claiming to be the messiah - all of whom are well recorded!

There is not a single contemporary record from any source and even the bible mentions of him like all other references were not written until many years after his supposed death!

He was supposed to have been a huge problem to the Romans and produced wonderful miracles but still not one contemporary record?

Even the bible mentions of him like all other references were not written until many years after his supposed death!

Pilate is recorded in the Roman record as a somewhat lack luster man but no mention of a Jesus, a trial or crucifixion that would surely have been used to make him look brighter!

At best he was an amalgam of those others but almost certainly never existed!

Not one word of it is contemporary with the period and was not written until several hundred years after the period the story is set in!! How did the apostles write their books more than a hundred years after they would have been dead?

Christianity is an invention of the Italians and that is why it came from the Holy ROMAN Catholic church!

Please realize that those claims for the Old historians are worthless since they were not even born until long after everyone in the stories would have been so long dead!

Josephus AD 37 – AD 100

Tacitus AD 56 – AD 120

Suetonius - 69 – 130 AD

Pliny the Younger, 61 AD – 112 AD

Justin Martyr (Saint Justin) AD103–165 AD

Lucian - AD 120 -180 AD but he was hostile to Christianity and openly mocked it.

Pamphilius AD 240-309 AD

Eusebius AD 263 – 339 AD

Photius AD 877 – 886 AD

Thallus - But there are no actual record of him except a fragment of writing which mentions the sack of Troy [109 BC] Showing that he was clearly not alive in biblical times.

Some even try to use Seneca. 4 BCE – 65 CE but as a Stoic Philosopher he opposed religion yet made not a single mention of a Jesus or Christianity!

Even funnier is trying to claim Celsus AD ? – 177 AD Who said that Jesus was a Jew who’se mother was a poor Jewish girl whose husband, who was a carpenter, drove her away because of her adultery with a Roman soldier named Panthera. She gave birth to an illegitimate child named Jesus. In Egypt, Jesus became learned in sorcery and upon his return presented himself as a god.

Research shows whilst education reduces religious belief each year of further education reduces religious belief by up to 10%!

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Today it's the same... Early chistian a little smarter but not more than a non xtain

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Our ancestors were not dumb. Gullible, irrational, unquestionably violent, but dumb? No. They made as much sense of reality as they could with the tools they were given, and in the bronze age, that tool was religion.

Now as many here have pointed out, you're assuming the bible's accounts are correct. Don't. The bible is a compilation of folk stories and actual straight-made up myths compiled by a ROMAN emperor. Incase you forgot, the romans were the ones who wanted the jews to chill, so they could empire over them more efficiently.

Given that christians built their biggest church on Rome's corpse, I'd say their attempt at subduing the rebellious populace went...poorly. Although you could argue that, from some perspectives, it went very well.

Obviously the bible is going to make appeals to rational minds. It's a book that's trying to convince you all the garbage inside it is true, that means it's going to portray the 'smart' people as becoming 'devout', and the doubters as 'fools' too blind to see 'the light'.

Don't believe what you read on blind faith. Do your own research. Look at REAL, verifiable history. The bible's accounts fall apart with ridiculous ease. All it takes from you lot is the effort required to look, and read, and learn. But if you'd rather be a sheep because it's easier, I get it. There's a billion other humans just as lazy as you are. Either way, it doesn't really bother me.

You're the ones giving these charlatans money.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Juli
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

Honesty is the best policy.

• Davros
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

This may be true of some atheists, but as far as I'm concerned you're way off.

Oh no, I credit early Christian leaders with knowing exactly what it was they were doing. These were not daft men at all. They knew the prophecies their spiritual leader had to satisfy, and they were determined to nail him into the messiah shaped hole as effectively as they could.

No, the ones I would personally regard as "impressionable" are those who have taken in all these accounts unquestioningly.

• 3 months ago

There is no verifiable evidence for any god.

Early christers are no different to suicide bombers who also die for their 'beliefs'

There is no verifiable evidence those beliefs are true.

People are gullible and easily scammed.

It maybe very comforting to fantasise there's a nice old man at the helm, with a pipe in his mouth, his sailors' cap set at a jaunty angle steering our lives into a beautiful sunset but....

How could the biblical authors, who were said to have been so close to God and what he knew, have been so ignorant?

Just think how insightful a book that actually came from a Creator would be...

Beautiful mathematics, comprehensive laws of physics, clear biology, consistent morality and ethics among other gems.

Instead we get a bizarre book on talking snakes, burning bushes, slaves, neolithic philosophy and a strange preoccupation with everyone's sex life.

~

• Amber
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

Because it's true. Ever seen "The Life of Brian"?

Even the wealthy and educated were superstitious. I mean they really did believe anything if they were convinced of it. Lots of the thing they said they saw Jesus doing. casting demons out of people, helping the blind see, helping people walk - those are tricks done even today. You can find out how they were performed.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.