This only happens with the Americans and in the United States? Explain me ¿why?

What I mean is, I give you an example, the Dominicans are mostly black, light skinned ... some white and mestizo although the skin is literally "black" for the Americans they are not black, they are Dominican, the same with a white Dominican, "he is not white, he is Dominican" and I mean, his... show more What I mean is, I give you an example, the Dominicans are mostly black, light skinned ... some white and mestizo although the skin is literally "black" for the Americans they are not black, they are Dominican, the same with a white Dominican, "he is not white, he is Dominican" and I mean, his damn skin is white why the **** you say that he Isn't white? ... lol that's why I thought that in America "white" and "black" was a nationality because it made no sense.
I used the Dominicans as an example but this happens with everyone who is black and white outside the United States