Is California like, way better than Chicago?

I used to live in San Fran but now I live in Chicago and I really love Chicago. I think it's the best place in the world and the falls and winters are beautiful and we never really got season changes in San Fran. I love the museums and architecture and the river and the lake and navy pier, it's just an awesome city. The only thing is, every time I bring up where i'm from, people always immediately start talking about how much better CA is than chi town. This isn't just people at my school who do this, adults do it too. Is California actually better? Because I think Chicago totally rules.

Who cares what others think? The main reason why some people like SF is that they don't get extreme hot or cold temperatures Chicagoans are used to. On the other hand, Chicago does not get earthquakes.

San Fran has nice weather, though the catch is not much seasonal changes. I think SF is very beautiful, haven't been to Chicago.

theyre probably both nice places

those people do not know anything about CA and so think its better. you know and your opinion is correct.

• Will

California is a better tourist destination, but for the love of god no it is not better than even Illinois in general. Obviously the neighborhoods that surround the downtown area are run down pieces of crap, except for places like Galewood and Monte Clare, but downtown Chicago is more like a luxurious place to live that is still within the reach of a middle class person's budget. By luxurious I am referring to the condominiums, apartment buildings, and lake front properties. In addition to being a nice to place to live, putting aside the obvious downsides, yes, Chicago has plenty of stuff to do. The great museums, architecture, buildings like the Sears Tower, fun bars (my favorite is Safehouse on Ontario st), and the scenic walkways.

To wrap it up, no way in hell is California or its major cities better than Chicago. California as a state is a shithole and its major cities have become over hyped nowadays with the downsides never spoken of.

Source(s): C'r'ook County resident
  • Kyle

making decisions for yourself is the only freedom we truly have. Both cities have pros and cons.

maybe consider moving out to a suburb of Chicago. plenty of public transportation as you well know if you work or go to school in the city to make it commutable. unless you just love city living, it doesn't hurt to look elsewhere in the chicago land area.

• Kyle

then why wouldn't the person ask about LA or Chicago? or California and Illinois? Chicago land is a large metro area. many people in the area often just say Chicago when going to other places when people ask where they live.

• Henry

No, it is not, of course.