Lady asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

Does submission mean slavery?

Why do men want women to submit to them so badly, why do they want slaves? Are they not happy with their lives unless someone is beneath them and being subjugated? And why does the bible want women and girls to be subjugated and seen as slaves? I just don't get it. I thought we all were put here to live abundantly and be happy. How are we gonna be happy when we're being kicked around like dogs and treated like slaves for all eternity? That is only happiness for men and boys, not for women or girls.

Best Answer

not all men do. you will find all sorts of men with different expectations for a relationship. in fact i suspect there are actually far more men seeking to become slaves to women rather than wanting women to become their slaves.

@debra: you've obviously been attracted to the wrong men. some men will abuse their partners just as some women will, but by no means all do that. you may have had some bad experiences but you cannot paint all men with the same brush, just as you cannot label all women abusers.

It’s not slavery for the entire female gender. Some women are fine with it. They don’t mind being supportive of decent men, raising the children, being the primary nurturer, etc. It’s not a role to feel belittled by, necessarily...In fact in some ways it carries a lot of power with it. The drummer sits behind the rest of the band but without him or her there is no structure or beat for the rest of the band to play along with. Don’t be fooled by appearances.

the truth is, in relationships, women usually rule the roost. This has been going on for centuries.

• Elana

It can.

Most of the time, at least in Western society, it does not.

Are most members of the military "slaves" to those higher in command? Are you a slave to your parents?

The reality is that we submit to others based on position all the time, and society demands that we do (at least to some degree) for society to function properly.

Unfortunately, "slavery" is in the eye of the competent objective observer. Children are not slaves to their parents, but if you asked one why he was being forced to clean his room was because his parents told him to and he had no choice, if you were an alien and didn't understand parentage/age/competence, you could be forgiving for thinking children were slaves.

If nothing else, eventually, with age, the child will probably come to the conclusion that cleaning his room was the right thing to do.

And unthinking/blind obedience isn't really slavery either. "Doesn't want to but has to" is a key component to the definition. Worship is not slavery (though I suppose worship through fraud might be).

Men know they're inferior (because they can't grow life). The only way they feel good about themselves is crushing others under their boots.

"Does submission mean slavery?"

It can and does at times. For example; a woman is beaten into submission and treated as a slave, she is a slave; same goes for adult males and children. The action and the intention is what must be paid attention to. You just can't go and assume it all means the same. Someone cane submit via a deal. There are so many avenues. It is not so cut and dry as it looks.

The goal of this rapist is to humiliate, debase and hurt their victim; they express their contempt for their victim through physical violence and profane language. For these rapists, sex is a weapon to defile and degrade the victim, rape constitutes the ultimate expression of their anger. This rapist considers rape the ultimate offense they can commit against the victim.

Anger rape is characterized by physical brutality, much more physical force is used during the assault than would be necessary if the intent were simply to overpower the victim and achieve penetration. This type of offender attacks their victim by grabbing, striking and knocking the victim to the ground, beating them, tearing their clothes, and raping them.

The experience for the offender is one that is of conscious anger and rage.[2]

• Elana

Spoken from personal experience? I hardly consider you a credible source on what drives a rapist.

Yes. No good man demands a submissive women.

No it doesn't you goober. Men want submissive and docile women. A calm and docile girl

• Look up the definition of docile, it means "ready to accept control and instruction".

I am a man. I am not asking anyone to submit to me in ALL things. Sometimes I need to submit, sometimes my wife needs to submit. Other times there is no disagreement so no submission is needed at all.

You have an extremely jaded and inaccurate view of the world which is unlikely to lead to a happy and cooperative relationship.

PS. I don't kick my dog around either. I love her and treat her as I would my own child. With a combination of love and discipline so that we both have a happy and fulfilled life together.

• Andrew Smith

This is Rob, my partner, lover and wife of nearly 50 years. And Spot. A harlequin Great Dane. She has put on quite a bit of size ( the dog I mean) since this photo. Even though it was only a few weeks ago.