My dog won’t poop?

my parents are out on a business trip and i’m watching my dog and home alone and i’m supposed to let the dog out in the morning and at night and it’s been several days and he refuses to leave the house and hasn’t used the bathroom at all the whole time

Favorite Answer

he'll poop when he needs to

• Abe Gippeau

Pearl should also have advised you to perform Digital Anal Massage to loosen up your dog's sphincter and get the feces moving.

• Jojo

Take it for a walk.

then put a leash and collar on the dog and take him for a walk

• PR

Take him out on a leash. He may be a little afraid with them not at home. You might even need to walk him down the street. If he smells where other dogs have gone, that may "inspire" him. Be sure his collar is well attached so he doesn't slip loose.

If that doesn't help, call your parents and discuss this with them. Constipation lasting more than a couple days isn't too great for a dog. They may have some ideas.

Where, by the way, is he peeing? Unless he is not drinking any water, he is urinating SOMEWHERE. If he is not drinking he is going to be in very bad shape when your parents return. Talk to your parents - or check the basement or other out of the way place in the house.

He will poop when he needs to, is he eating? Is the dog so big that he fights you and won't go outside to pee or poop? Since it's been a few days since he has peed or pooped you may want to call them to eat them know he is backed up, his bladder may rupture and he may have a bowel blockage since he has not been out for so long. I find it hard to believe you cannot carry him outside or put him on a leash to make him leave the house.

Call the parents let them know, don't forget. If they are not available call the vet for help.

Have you tried going outside WITH the dog or putting it on a leash and going for a walk around the block?

My dog won’t poop?