Leaving employment having taken more holidays than accrued?

I ve used more holidays than I ve accrued in my current job and have accepted another position. A friend advised me to not tell them I was leaving till the day after payday and they wouldn t be able to deduct that holiday pay from my final wage. Is this correct (and if so I wont be faced with legal action or... show more I ve used more holidays than I ve accrued in my current job and have accepted another position. A friend advised me to not tell them I was leaving till the day after payday and they wouldn t be able to deduct that holiday pay from my final wage. Is this correct (and if so I wont be faced with legal action or anything)?

Thanks
Update: Wasnt planning on doing this unless it was actually legal duh... just didnt know and google wasnt coming up with the info so wanted to check. Cheers for the answers, pretty clear.