My parents are understandably furious with me. What should I do?

Almost a year ago, I was responsible for a car accident that severely injured two people. The accident was a result of me texting while driving. I was lucky enough to walk away with a few bruises, but they both had to be hospitalized. I'm facing two counts of vehicular assault. I'm due in court in a couple... show more Almost a year ago, I was responsible for a car accident that severely injured two people. The accident was a result of me texting while driving. I was lucky enough to walk away with a few bruises, but they both had to be hospitalized.

I'm facing two counts of vehicular assault. I'm due in court in a couple weeks. My lawyer has reached a deal with the prosecutor that'll allow me to serve two years in prison. I intend to accept the deal and once that's done, I'll be taken into custody to begin serving my sentence.

I fully own the fact that what I did was stupid and criminal. I know I deserve the sentence I'll soon be serving. I don't know if my victims will be in court to see me sentenced. I hope they show. I want to be able to apologize to them both in person.

My parents are, of course, furious with me. They've barely spoken to me since the accident. One thing they have said though is that they won't come visit me while I'm away.

I know no one wants to come visit their twenty-something daughter in prison, but that really hurt. I've tried apologizing and letting them know I take full responsibility for my actions. It doesn't seem to have helped though. I could understand if I'd always been a troublemaker, but this is my first time ever being in trouble with the law. I don't know what to do. They've always been a couple of hard-asses. Should I keep reaching out to them or just accept that I may have damaged our relationship beyond repair?