Any tips on how to make sure to get to the right amtrak train at penn station NY?

I have been there three years ago and it was very confusing and stressful. It was difficult to make it to the train and I was with a friend too. We both felt lost and almost missed the train. This time I am by myself. Any tips?? How to make sure to board the right train?? Do all cars have the train number?? Will... show more I have been there three years ago and it was very confusing and stressful. It was difficult to make it to the train and I was with a friend too. We both felt lost and almost missed the train. This time I am by myself. Any tips?? How to make sure to board the right train?? Do all cars have the train number?? Will there be an employee to ask?? I got first class ticket hopping to board earlier but they told me they do not guarantee that. Any advice??