Why are Arabian people so racist in North Africa?

I'm Asian American and I travelled to Egypt and Tunissia for the first time and I was so surprised to see how many racists they have there. They keep saying like "Ni, hao, ni hao, ni hao." "ching chang chong! ching chang chong!! ching chang chong!!" or "kung-fu, kung-fu, kung-fu hahahaha" whenever they saw me on the street even though I'm not Chinese (I'm Japanese American). I heard that like 10-20 times a day. (I'm not kidding)

In the US, I encounter racists manybe just like 4 - 7 times a YEAR max and it is just unbelievable to see how many racists they have in North Africa. Are they not really educated at all or do they really think they are better? But they go mad when Trump says something about muslim people... Unbelievable...

And when I went to Italy, I have encountered some racists who said "ni hao, nihao, chingchangchong" and most of them were also Arabian immigrants/refugees (maybe Algerian, Egyptian, Syrian or Tunisian) and I had very few problems with white Italians.

Why do they have such bad manners?

You don't believe me because most of you have not been to North Africa and maybe you are not Asian. I googled about this in Japanese and many other Japanese travellers experienced the same thing in Egypt and other countries in that area. They really just stare at you on the street and say those things.

Favorite Answer

WE DK THEM SO U GET TO ASK THEM....

same reason Asians are racist towards blacks

It's just their way of being friendly - in terms of what they know. And yes, I have been there - they also say 'lovely jubbly' all the time to Anglos.

• reme_1

You are in the wrong section. We are not linguists nor travel guids.

It's just that they are not used to it.

All I can suggest is avoiding North Africa. I would expand that to avoiding Muslim majority countries.

Oh, so all Arabian people are like that?

Or are you being racist by assuming that?

Don't know don't care. I barely consider indians, Arabians humans anyway tbh

• Manny

I feel like something is missing in this story…

Source(s): We're you telling them "derka derka Mohammed jihad" beforehand? LOL.

nothing to do today...again huh