What do you do when your child’s friend’s parents don’t help with the situation their child created?

My child’s friend ran over today while at a social gathering and kept asking if my son could come over to play when her parents told her no. What drives me crazy is they let her ask me over and over again even after they’ve told her not today. I finally said your mom and dad said no. I don’t know if that’s rude, I... show more My child’s friend ran over today while at a social gathering and kept asking if my son could come over to play when her parents told her no. What drives me crazy is they let her ask me over and over again even after they’ve told her not today. I finally said your mom and dad said no. I don’t know if that’s rude, I hope it’s not but I honestly don’t know what to say. They don’t step in and say hunny we’ve said no so stop asking, they just stand there and stare at me. The other annoying thing us, I was in the middle of a conversation and they let her keep interrupting, they don’t say he we don t interrupt when people are talking or wait your turn. Its awkward to me and it happens all the time( them standing there, not her interrupting). For instance, I was at the store and ran into them and she asked if she could come over and I let them know it’d be ok but just so they know he’s had a runny nose but I think it’s allergies and not a cold. Her dad said no and that was fine and we went on with our grocery shopping. Well as I’m checking out she runs over and asks again and I said well your dad said no while her mom is just standing there. She doesn’t cut in or say anything. I don’t know if this is because she’s an only child and has run of the house but it’s driving me crazy.
What does one say? It’s getting to the point where I’m trying to limit contact but that’s impossible when your neighbors. Don’t get me wrong I do love her parents but I hate their parenting style.