Explaining to my daughter why I was handcuffed by police (wrongfully detained)?

Last week I was pulled over after getting off work and picking my elementary aged daughter up from school. With my daughter in the backseat, I was asked to step out and was eventually handcuffed behind my back while she watched. As it was later explained to me, my name matched a warrant, which they realized after I... show more Last week I was pulled over after getting off work and picking my elementary aged daughter up from school. With my daughter in the backseat, I was asked to step out and was eventually handcuffed behind my back while she watched. As it was later explained to me, my name matched a warrant, which they realized after I sat handcuffed on the sidewalk for about 15 minutes.

My daughter was really freaked out by this, and has been acting weird since that day. She’s asked a lot of questions about what handcuffs are, and why I had to be in them.

To be clear, I’m not upset with the police about doing this. Yes, it was embarrassing to be cuffed on the side of the road, but they were professional and just doing their jobs. I’m just concerned about adequately explaining to my daughter why I had to be cuffed.