Person asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

Why wont Yahoo answers let me ask a question?

I was able to ask this one but not the other. I have enough points

• .
    Best Answer

Some issues that can cause questions not to post:

*Submit button glitch. If you can't submit your question try copying what you typed, refreshing the page, pasting your text back in the question/details box, and try to Submit again.

*Question errors out when trying to Submit. Make sure there are no special characters (esp the percent sign), URLs, or image files that could be causing a problem. Spell out all special characters instead of using the symbol. Remove any URLs or images. If the question submits at that point, you can try adding your image or URL as an update, if needed.

*Question exceeded the character limit and needs to be shortened.

*User has reached their limit for posting questions for the YA day (so wait until after Midnight GMT, then the YA day rolls over, to post your question)

*Question Submits but only you can see it. Change the category for the question, wait a few seconds, and then move it back where it belongs. Some posts get caught in the spam filter and that's one way to 'shake them loose' so to speak.

• Betty

Some questions for some reason do not post,I have had the same problem.It's one of Yahoo's glitches.

you asked a question now. maybe it was a glitch for a while. nothing new with question and answers

• Daniel

Are you using any % Signs in your Questions ? if so you need to Remove it and Spell it out

Make sure you are also Within the Character Limit if your Question is to Long it wont let you Post it and you may need to Shorten it to get it to Post

• SIR

Geez I don't know, why am I unable to answer a question? Like please Dear God, TELL ME HOW TO ANSWER!

• .

I see what you did there, almost fell for it, you asked this to troll us, lol

• LAN

Judging by your last questions you probably put a percent sign in the questions and that kicks them out.

If you ask a question or details that has the % symbol you need to spell percentage or it will not post.

• Kyle

one of their many glitches i assume. sometimes i'll post a question but it's ghosted. i don't see it on the main page or category, but i see it in my account.

not sure--suddenly I can ask questions--??? haven't been able to since oath took over??

• CarolOklaNola

Oath was dissolved at the end of October, 2018. Verizon has owned what is left of Yahoo for more than 2 YEARS