Why is my belly button piercing infected after I have had it pierced for 4 years?

A couple days ago I took out my piercing to wear high pants, the next day I went to put it back in but it was tight like it started to close. I had trouble putting it back in, I had to go through the top hole instead of the bottom one like I usually do but it ended up getting irritated with all the messing with it.... show more A couple days ago I took out my piercing to wear high pants, the next day I went to put it back in but it was tight like it started to close. I had trouble putting it back in, I had to go through the top hole instead of the bottom one like I usually do but it ended up getting irritated with all the messing with it. So I put Hydrogen peroxide on it and went to bed. I woke up this morning with it red, swollen, hurting, and pus coming out of it. I would expect this to happen in the first year of having the piercing but after 4 years, I didn't think I would have this kind of problem. This happened once before about three months ago as well taking it out for the same reasons. So far I have cleaned it with Hydrogen peroxide and after the hydrogen peroxide dried, I applied neosporin cream.