Asher asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

PLEASE help!! My cat has been peeing on my bed and I've tried so many things to get him to stop. He's been neutered and he's 5 years old.?

He's done it for the past two night usually he tries to pee on my floor by my door but I have recently covered it up so he would stop now he's moved to my bed. I am starting to feel hopeless and I don't want to get rid of him but I also don't want my room to constantly smell like cat piss. I've had him since he was four weeks old and I've recently moved so I know that might play a factor and a new male dog that has yet to be neutered is also staying with us. Please Help I will try anything

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Best Answer

Typical stress response of any cat, who has moved house, is locked in one room and has a dog moved in when it is not used to dogs...so it 'owns' nothing has no territory, doesn't feel safe/secure...or of course it also could be a UTI

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

So keep him out of the bedroom!

• 2 months ago

Take him to the vet. Could be a urinary tract issue.

Could be stress from the move and from the dog. Put up some shelving and get cat trees to give him his own space away from the dog. Feliway might help too.

Get a waterproof mattress cover. This will save your mattress if its not already too late.

• Nathan
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Have you tried adding !multiple litter boxes? It may be that there is another animal/scent in "his territory", I suggest using water sprays and automatic noise makers to scare any possible animals outside

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lôn
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

One sure way is to close your bedroom door!!

Leave a cat litter tray outside your bedroom.

• 2 months ago

Typical response from a lazy owner, get rid of the cat instead of fixing the issue

The cat may have a UTI and needs vet care, the cat also may be stressed due to the move and the dog. 

There's not much you can do other then soak the bed in an enzyme cleaner, get a plastic cover made for bed wetters and use a non scented litter in the litter box and get it checked for a UTI 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

A trip to the VET.

Could be:

1. Urinary Track, Kidney problem.

2. You did him wrong, he is punishing you as best he can.

• 2 months ago

He might have a UTI.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.