What happens if you eat a Silica Gel packet?

Attachment image

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Dr W
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

    you die and get buried or cremated and earn a Darwin award along the way.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

    Enjoy it with a Tide Pod chaser.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 4 months ago

    If silica is harmless to eat, why do the packets carry a warning? The answer is that some silica contains toxic additives. For example, silica gel beads may contain poisonous and potentially carcinogenic cobalt(II) chloride, which is added as a moisture indicator. You can recognize silica containing cobalt chloride because it will be colored blue (dry) or pink (hydrated). Another common moisture indicator is methyl violet, which is either orange (dry) or green (hydrated). Methyl violet is a mutagen and mitotic poison.

    While you can expect most silica you encounter to be non-toxic, ingestion of a colored product warrants a call to Poison Control.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 4 months ago
    • Login to reply the answers
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Brian
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

    You go for a Tide Pod as dessert.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 4 months ago

    The small amount in one package would probably have no effect.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 4 months ago

    Not much. You might get diarrhea.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 4 months ago

    i would do it,it could make you really sick

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.