Am I a failure?

I’m 28 years old. I grew up with my gran as my mum was a drug addict and my dad only came to see me now and then. My gran passed away when I was 21 of cancer and I was her carer. I stayed on at school and I went to college. I also had 3 different jobs. I also have a partner 30 years older than me however we don’t... show more I’m 28 years old. I grew up with my gran as my mum was a drug addict and my dad only came to see me now and then. My gran passed away when I was 21 of cancer and I was her carer. I stayed on at school and I went to college. I also had 3 different jobs. I also have a partner 30 years older than me however we don’t live together. I suffer with depression and anxiety. I live in a really old grubby apartment and I tried to get back to work but keep taking severe attacks in the workplace. I am living .on welfare/benefit payouts of £300 per month. I can barely afford to get by. I don’t drive and I have no kids. I feel no one understands and can provide me the support or help I need. I am awaiting psychotherapy. I feel I am losing hope. I can’t see how my life can ever move on from this and get better.
15 answers 15