Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 months ago

So Is the Queen/King of England like the protestant equivalent to the pope? I'm not impressed, spiritual leaders should be priests.?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Jesus is the King of Heaven and the Virgin Mary is the Queen of Heaven. Protestantism is heresy.

a person can battle Protestant heresy using the rosary and fasting.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

The Archbishop of Canterbury is the spritual leader of the Church of England. Not the Queen.

• swolt
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

The church was started by a king, so it stands to reason he would have made himself head of the church

• 10 months ago

Here's a suggestion:

Produce some testable, repeatable consistent evidence of the existence of ANY Gods or Goddesses, and THEN let's figure out who can and/or should be spiritual leaders.

Otherwise, you're just GUESSING that Gods and/or Goddesses DO exist, and you're just GUESSING that "spiritual leaders" are needed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

Blame Henry VIII and his greed.

• 10 months ago

There hasn't been a King or Queen of England since Queen Anne became the Queen of Great Britain in 1707. The Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and about fifteen other realms, is the head of the Church of England. The Anglican and Episcopal churches, which have developed from the Church of England, regard the Archbishop of Canterbury or a local Archbishop as their leader.

• 10 months ago

The Church of England equivalent, and in fact I'm happy with that because although I'm republican I do think she sets a good example of being Christian and doing her duty. If this country became a republic, I'd still want her to be head of the church.

• 10 months ago

No. For one thing she is only the head of the Anglican/Episcopal* church, not of protestants generally. For another, she is really not much more than a nominal head. It is the bishops and synod who make the decisions.

* Correction: It appears, as others have said, that she is head (or rather Supreme Governor) of the Church of England, rather than the Anglican Church as a whole, and so is not governor even of the Scottish, Irish and Welsh branches of the Anglican Communion.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

More like the British version of the pope since the monarch is the head of the church of England

Source(s): If I remember correctly
  • 10 months ago

The Queen of Engerland and Whales and Scotchland and Norn Iron and Her Dominions Oversees is head of the Holy Anglican High Church of England and all who sail in her.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.