Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

If Hillary Clinton won the electoral vote but lost the popular vote, would she say "I only won by cheating with the electoral college"?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best Answer

No, she'd accept her ill gotten victory and all the democrats would claim she won fair and square.

• Beardog
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

And would that have been right, or wrong.

• Joseph
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

First off there is no 'winning' the popular vote, there is no contest for the popular vote. Second who knows what she would do without holding a focus group.

• 2 months ago

The Electoral College is slanted towards empty flyover Republican states

• 2 months ago

I don't remember Hillary Clinton ,herself, complaining about that .

You people seem to be capable of only coming up with an argument you wish to use , first --- and then inventing the "facts" to use them against .

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

She would say "I am so happy that Americans made the right choice and am proud to be your first woman president!" and everyone would scream and wave their little whatever signs, etc they might wave

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You're making up excuses to cover for Trump's treason again.

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It happened the other way....and look what you are stuck with!!!!!

• 2 months ago

Ironically, that's precisely what Trump thought was going to happen, and it's why he kept saying he might not accept the results of the election if he didn't win.

To clarify, what you describe has now happened four times. EVERY time, it was the Republican who lost the popular vote, but won the EC vote. Given the population distribution in the U.S., it will only ever be.

It is essentially a mathematical impossibility for the Democratic nominee to win the EC vote and lose the popular vote. It's actually how the Electoral College was designed to work.

• skeptik
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

"Retardican?"

Which of those big words didn't you understand?
      Perhaps I can explain them for you.

• 2 months ago

I guess if she’d cheated America out of fair presidential elections like the GOP did, then she’d be the same kind of person they are, so she’d be telling the same lies about it they do.

But she didn’t, and here we are.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.