My apple mobile device service all pf a sudden will not start, what would cause this?

Since about a week ago, my apple mobile device service will not start on my computer causing me to be unable to use my ipod or iphone with itunes. I am on a windows 7 laptop and all my updates are up to date and I have the latest version of itunes. I tried going into services and pressing start and it still will... show more Since about a week ago, my apple mobile device service will not start on my computer causing me to be unable to use my ipod or iphone with itunes. I am on a windows 7 laptop and all my updates are up to date and I have the latest version of itunes. I tried going into services and pressing start and it still will not work. I get the error message 1053; the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. I also tried repairing itunes.

What could be causing this and how can I fix it?