I’m 19 and my parents want to kick me out. They’ve taken my phone and my car keys. What is the best way/ advice to go about this?

I have some cleaning and nannying jobs, and am trying to buy a car but currently don’t have enough money. I feel super stuck and just wanna year from anyone else who may have experienced this as well.

Their house, their rules. They have fulfilled their obligation to support you until you became an adult. Now It's time to support yourself. Apparently poor education and / or laziness is holding you back.

Besides that your question belongs in the Family and Relationships category. FAIL

childhood is over. Time to take care of yourself. Sorry, it sucks, but so does gaining daily nutrition from mommy's boobies. And at 19, that's no longer appropriate.

You have good parents. They're trying to turn you into a responsible adult.

I know a lady whose 40 year old son still lives at home, and wont do a THING. Sits all day long watching TV. She hired me to take care of her lawn

• Scott

When I was your age I was a Lance Corporal in the Marine Corp. The military is always an option.

• TheReal

Semper Fi Marine...

If you want to be treated as an adult you need to sit down with your parents and discuss whatever issues are troubling your relationship.

In the end, if leaving home (forced or voluntary) is the accepted outcome you need to ask for your items back so you can go peacefully.

• Ron

The best way is to grow the **** up

• bo

well they can kick you out there house there rules. as far as the phone they can't do that unless they bought it and pay the bill as for the car if they own it then out of luck also. so time for you to find a friend willing to share a apartment and go out on your own or a family member willing to take you in

• W

Find a reliable roommate and a job or two and go.

But is it YOUR phone and YOUR car, or are your parents paying for them?

If they are, then they’re entirely within their rights and you need to seriously consider WHY your parents have decided that they’ve had enough of you.

Cleaning and baby-sitting jobs are very low-paid jobs with almost no prospects of advancement. I’ve known more than a few a qualified nannies in my time and they were definitely well-paid and constantly in demand, so moving into your own place and paying your own way should be no problem. But at just 19 years old there’s no way you’re a qualified nanny, but are a mere baby-sitter.

I’d hazard a guess that you didn’t do well at school and lack a work ethic. Whilst you’re young and fit the only way to make reasonable money in your jobs is to work a minimum of 60 hours a week, 6 days a week. In reality you’ll

probably need to work 72 hours & 7 days. A hard work attitude can see you quickly rise to managing cleaners, and maybe running your own cleaning business.

You also don't have a valid license. So you wont be buying a car without both.