should i adopt kids from an orphanage?

i have been obsessed with the idea of adopting kids for the past 2 days now and would really like to give some kids who dont have a family and would like to have one the chance to. i mean i know i am still only a 20 year old male and am not really ready to raise a kid yet but when i am ready i would like to give some kids the chance to have a family. what do you think cause i would really love to do it. i wouldnt mind adopting myself a daughter and son.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • C L S
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

Yes - very good thing to do .

How very public-spirited of you .

• 2 months ago

If you're serious, then I think it would be a good idea for you to start reading up on adoption as much as you can. Read various perspectives: from adoptive parents, from birthparents, from adoptees, both the pros and the cons, so you can get a feel for whether this is the right direction for you. As you said, at twenty you're nowhere near ready to adopt (for various reasons), but it never hurts to start learning about something that interests you.

• 3 months ago

If a child is in a group home or some other facility in the US, social services has custody, and ya gotta, like, get 'em to cooperate with the adoption. You can also become an approved foster parent through social services, and foster-to-adopt a child that way, for free. (Hint, hint.)

• Nathan
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

Usually you must have a wife/husband, a good income and proof that you have the time and space for a child before you are allowed to adopt one. If you can't offer a good amount of time, can't afford schooling or (if in a country where health care is paid for) health care then you should wait before adopting

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.