My downstairs neighbour asks me not to wear shoes in my own apt?

I just moved in, and the other day my neighbour from downstair put a note on my door says" Can you please not to walk around in your shoes or on your heels? We can hear you walking around. Also we can hear your tv at all hours." So I can't walk barefoot on my heels, and i also can't wear... show more I just moved in, and the other day my neighbour from downstair put a note on my door says" Can you please not to walk around in your shoes or on your heels? We can hear you walking around. Also we can hear your tv at all hours."

So I can't walk barefoot on my heels, and i also can't wear shoes..... Am I suppose to glide around?

Anyway I didn't want to be a pain in the butt, so I went out and bought a pair of those soft house slipers, but it makes my feet so sweaty! Then it hits me, why am I being told what to do in MY OWN apartment! I also tried to use headphones at night when i watch tv, which is also very uncomfortable, one time someone walked into my apt i didn't even realize it cuz i had headphones on.

And also, I can't just force my friends to take their shoes off whenever they come to visit me or me having a small gather together party. The other day I hosted a small 4 person dinner, and 2 girls were walking around in their high heels and the entire time I felt like downstair neighbour is gonna come up and take my head off, she also started having an negtive affect on my everyday life. I started to tip toeing around when I don't have the house slippers on.... I freaking tip toe all the way to the bathroom at night when I wake up to pee.

Anyway, I don't think I should be told what to do just because this apt has bad sound insulation.

So, in this case what should I do? Should I force myself to change my habit or is she simply being a pain in the butt?
Update: Heels as my own feet! Not high heel as shoes. I am a guy!
Update 2: UPDATE: As I stated in the question, I DO WEAR SOCKS WHEN I WALK AROUND. And a few of you didn't even read the whole question details, I AM A GUY, i don't walk around in my apt in high heels, when I said walking on my heels i mean the heel on my feet!
Update 3: When i'm at home i try to wear socks and soft slides when i walk around, but sometimes it just makes my feet too sweaty, i don't want to feel like i can't even relax at home.