asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

is meat really necessary for good health? why some say yes and others definitely say NO.?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • oikoσ
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Best Answer

Not absolutely necessary but it makes adequate nutrition much easier. Meat is a very concentrated source of nutrients. Many societies have legume/grain dishes to make up for the deficiency of amino acids in plants.

• oikoσ
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Probably not, considering the portion sizes. It COULD be worked out on a by-weight basis but there are a lot of nutrients to consider. Too labor-intensive for me. But, in general, it takes 10 lb of grain or beans to produce one lb of chicken. Efficiency is not 100% but, even so . . . .

• 2 months ago

The Meat and Dairy industry wants you to believe you cannot live without them. My husband is vegan 55 and stopped growing when he was 34 years old. He works hard every day and enjoys life. He does not worry about his health.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Probably not, but it makes meals much more enjoyable.

• 2 months ago

No it is NOT. There are plenty of foods that have enough protein.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lila
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I think it depends on the person. Some people do fine on vegetarian or vegan diets and feel great. Other people do not absorb nutrients as easily from plant based foods or cannot digest them that well so become malnourished without meat or animal protein in their diet.

• 2 months ago

Technically no.

However quality meats are health.

Occasional organ meat such as liver is good for health.

• 2 months ago

No, it isn't. There are lots of healthy vegetarians in the world.

BTW in India, it is the vegetarians who have too much fat in their diets, not the meat eaters. All that ghee.

• Logan
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Its challenging without meat to get enough saturated fat, cholesterol and all of the essential amino acids. If you are going to go vegan or vegetarian you will have to learn all you can about nutrition or you could end up malnourished.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

"BEEF its what for dinner" by Johnny Cash

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.