Have you ever had your family use you for money?

Favorite Answer

Yeah,.----I had a Brother who was a hard core gambling addict......and every time he came around, it was some sob story about why he needed money..........and I tried to help him hundreds of times, but the last time he came around, ........back when I was working my own way thru college, I told him flat out, I was tapped out, and my rent was due the next day, and I couldn't spare a dime.

He still persisted, and hounded me, as was his MO...........never to leave without getting *something*------

but I was firm this time and told him the answer was NO. N O ------NOOOOOOOO.

so he stole my wallet, with my rent money, and we got into a scuffle, when I realized he had it.

In the fight, he dropped the wallet, and bolted out the door.........no doubt thinking he still had it .

I wish I could have seen the look on his face, when he realized he dropped it.

Didn't see him for YEARS after that..........

• Nicole

Nope.....................

Yes. It SUCKS, but sometimes people really do need help, and I don't consider that using. When I give because someone needs it and might not even have asked, I am not going home thinking, "Man, they keep using me." I think, "What can they do to improve their situation? is there anyone I can refer them to/speak well of them to?"

It's been a while since I was in that situation on a regular basis. Things improved for them. Tanked for me :) but I'm glad for them.

• Kathy

Nope, because they know that I have no money to give them.

not yet and i wouldnt let them

• .

No, since I do not have ant money.

• Hannah

No. They borrowed $9000 from me, but paid me back.

• Yeah

I loaned my mom $5000 for a new roof and she said she'd pay it back when she retired. She retired in 2014 and I haven't seen the money.

• CAB

They tried but the clerk at the 7-11 refused to accept me.

No.ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ