9 YEAR OLD WHO WON'T TALK IN THE PUBLIC WITH ADD ???

hi, my 9 year old daughter won't talk to anyone besides family members. She won't talk to her teacher or anyone in school. Not only that, she has attention problem that she has a hard time to focus on completing her class work. Her teacher needs to remind her many times to get her work done. I've... show more hi, my 9 year old daughter won't talk to anyone besides family members. She won't talk to her teacher or anyone in school. Not only that, she has attention problem that she has a hard time to focus on completing her class work. Her teacher needs to remind her many times to get her work done. I've been getting lots of complaint from her teacher. I took her to her family doctor and she said she doesn't have any problem such as autism, ect. I also took her to a psychologist who said the same thing and only told me to encourage her to talk and do her work by offering her reward, I used to think that she'll grow out of it but now she's 9 years old and she's not following instruction or behind in school work. I'm afraid that she'll get worst and better to deal with her issue now. By the way, she's very talkative at home with the whole family and be able to finish her homework all by herself after I gave her instruction. I don't think she has learning disability but more on the personality side. I wonder if anyone has a child with this problem and what can be done to help ???? Do I need to see a professional who focus with selective mutism ??
9 answers 9