Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 10 months ago

is regret just a part of growing up?

recently as ive gotten older (turning 18 soon) ive regretted so many mean, stupid or bad things ive done over the years and realize that if put in that situation now, i definitely would not do it again. Is this a normal part of growing up? is it better to regret than to not do at all? am i a bad person for the dumb things ive done as a kid and teen? maybe other people have felt this way thats why i ask. thanks friends

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

i think it is part of growing up

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Damien
    Lv 5
    10 months ago

well youve still got some growing up to do. theres this point where you regret stuff u did in life and then further down the road theres this point where you realize based on the situation at the time what u did what u had to do and were justified for doing so, that is unless you killed someone or attacked someone cause u couldnt control your temper, thats not regret or part of growing up, thats just called being a jackass

• 10 months ago

Yes. If you had the good fortune to have forgiving adults around you (which is supposed to be how it works for kids and early teens), then you don't need to dwell on it. Instead just promise to yourself that when you have kids you'll try to bring them up right and allow them to make a learning mistake or two. Of course the really bad stuff you have to try and stop.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Yes, it is from our past experiences that we learn and become wiser. But you should not dwell on regrets. Leave the past behind and move forward, as you appear to be doing. You are maturing.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.